Search Menu
Menu »
Home » UDAF Relief Grant 2020

UDAF Relief Grant 2020


– – – – –

The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food has now opened a new grant program in coordination with the state and federal COVID-19 relief efforts.

As you may know, both the CARES Act and SB 3006 were recently adopted into law to provide some relief to Utah agricultural producers who are suffering losses due to national and state efforts to mitigate the potential and actual financial harm from the COVID 19 pandemic. Immediate economic relief is available in the form of one-time grants (up to $40,000 per agricultural operation). The grants are funded by pass-through federal funds under the CARES Act, there is no fee to apply and unlike loans, these grants do not require repayment.

In order to apply for a grant, please download an application and submit completed application – (instructions below). Remember, this is for operations within food and fiber production that have suffered financial loss due to Covid19. If you have questions or concerns regarding this program after reviewing the available materials, please reach out to one of our field staff to help you with further information, a list of staff is provided in the application document. Our conservation field staff have been trained to assist with these grants in completing your application. However, because of the high volume of anticipated applications and the current restrictions in place, please allow the Department 24-48 hours to respond.

Applicants must submit:

1. Click here to download the application (3 pages + documentation) – including detailed explanation for how the operation has been financially impacted due to Covid19 and accurate financial accounting on Expense and Income Statement. Incomplete applications will not be considered.

2. Click here to download the Federal W9 Form.  This MUST be signed and attached to the application.

3. Submit all documents to [email protected] before the extended deadline of  November 9 by 5:00pm MST

If assistance is needed please contact one of our field staff in your respective county, their information is included with the application.