1/4/2020 – Conservation Easement Policy
The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food is working to raise public awareness about the values of protecting critical lands such as farmland, wetlands, and other open spaces.
We pose this basic question: Do you know where the food you see in the grocery store comes from, and should consumers help protect the resources that generate that food?
Know more about saving farmland:
- UDAF holds agricultural conservation easements through our Agriculture Loans program
- Agriculture Protection Areas
- American Farmland Trust – A national perspective on efforts to protect and preserve productive farmland.
- Envision Utah
- Agricultural Protection Areas (Utah Code: Title 17, Chapter 41)
- NRCS Grassland Reserve Program
- NRCS Wetland Reserve Program
- NRCS Agriculture Conservation Easement Program (ACEP)