For up to date information regarding COVID-19 updates,
please visit our COVID-19 News and Updates page,
which includes updates specific to each UDAF division.
CLICK HERE FOR UPDATES
The Division of Regulatory Services has regulatory oversight of products in the areas of food, weights and measures, dairy and bedding, upholstered furniture and quilted clothing.
Our staff prides itself in professional and sound services to ensure wholesome, clean and uniform products throughout the state.
In this new era of security, we are dedicated to providing helpful information and trained professionals to be constantly vigilant in the safety of our food supplies.
WHAT WE DO
The Food Compliance Program monitors and evaluates the food supply as it moves in commerce. Program initiatives are designed and implemented to ensure that risk factors in the food chain are identified and eliminated.
Facilities inspected include bakeries, grocery stores, warehouses, retail meat markets, food processing plants, produce markets, ethnic markets, salvage stores, and truck wrecks (when food products are involved).
Inspections evaluate employee health, risk factor intervention, sources of food, hygienic practices, HACCP plans, pest control, conformance to approved procedures, chemical use and handling, construction of food establishments (water supply, floors, walls, ceilings, equipment, lighting, plumbing), and product labeling.
Download or view: A Retail Food Establishment Guide for Developing a HACCP Plan
FOOD ESTABLISHMENT REGISTRATION
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY PRODUCT RECALLS
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service Meat and Poultry Product Recalls
- US Food and Drug Administration Product Recalls, Alerts, and Warnings
UTAH CODE AND ADMINISTRATIVE RULES RELATING TO FOOD SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
- Utah Wholesome Food Act (Utah Code Annotated: Title 4, Chapter 5)
- Charitable Donation of Food (Utah Code Annotated: Title 4, Chapter 34)
- Food Establishment Registration (R70-540)
- Compliance Procedures (R70-201)
- Food Protection Rule (R70-530)
- Uniform Retail Wheat Standards of Identity (R70-610)
- Water Vending Machine (R70-630)
- Federal Regulations for Acidified and Low-Acid Canned Foods
- 2009 Food Code (Federal)
- Food Safety and Inspection Services (FSIS) Compliance Program
- Food Safety Tips
- Report a food born illness in Utah - igotsick.health.utah.gov
Click here for information about our Retail Food Production program.
Click here for information about our Manufactured Food Production program.
Click here for information about our Cottage Food Production program.
Click here for information about our Homemade Food Production program.
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is the most sweeping reform of food safety laws in over 70 years. Signed January 4, 2011, by President Obama, FSMA aims to create an integrated food safety system and improve the quality of food products to the public by reducing foodborne illness.