Applications now closed.
Awardees for the 2023 round of applications will be notified via email on August 15, 2023.
The awardee webinar will be held on August 29 at 6:00, more information to follow.
Click here to view our webinar as we walk through the Utah Pollinator Habitat Program application process and answer some questions.
Welcome to the Utah Pollinator Program. Pollinators play a vital role in our agricultural industry, local economies, and overall health of our ecosystems. Unfortunately, many pollinator populations have experienced drastic declines in recent years. Population loss can be linked to several contributing factors including loss of habitat, changing climate and associated weather patterns, disease and pesticide use.
Click each image below to learn more…
Utah Pollinator Habitat Program Goals
The purpose of this program is to achieve the following:
- Increase the amount of available pollinator habitat throughout Utah, with particular focus on native bee habitat
- Enhance and expand existing landscapes to improve resources (pollen and nectar) available for pollinators
- Provide better connectivity between habitats to better support beneficial species
- Increase access and availability of native seed resources across the state
- Increase public awareness and involvement to improve pollinator habitat state-wide
- Online application submission: May 1 – June 19, 2023
- Projects must be in Utah to qualify
- Qualified applicants will be awarded up to 25% costs share through plant and seed contributions for selected projects. There will be no cash awards at this time.
- All categories of applicants will be considered (individuals, non-profits, government agencies, academic institutes, commercial entities, Native American tribes, wildlife preserves, land trusts, etc.)
- Habitat improvement priority areas will include watersheds and habitat corridors that provide connectivity
- Particular emphasis will be on improving habitat for native pollinator and bee populations throughout the state
- Irrigation for plant establishment will be a requirement for project sponsorship
- Awarded applicants will receive additional information in August with plants/seeds available early Fall for distribution
- Plants and seeds will be pre-selected and supplied as ready-to-plant habitat kits based on your area and need