Mark Ashcroft, Program Manager, (435) 755-1578
What We Do:
We administer the Utah Commercial Feed Act; which involves inspection, registration, sampling and testing of commercial feed products.
Registration and Licensing Options Explained:
- Feed Product Registration
- All feed products distributed in the state of Utah must be registered with the state.
- Home Produced Pet Treat Registration
- All pet treats distributed in the state of Utah must be registered with the state. (If a company is home-based for production and retail, they fall under this category)
- Customer-Formula Feed License
- We do not license businesses or locations that sell feed products. A customer formula feed license is required when a company produces custom feed mixes made to buyer specifications. These custom products do not require additional product registration.
- Commercial Feed Registration … $60.00 per product per calendar year
- Home Produced Pet Treat Registration … $60.00 per calendar year
- Customer-Formula Feed License … $75.00 per calendar year
Utah Code and Administrative Rules Relating to Commercial Feed Products:
- Utah Commercial Feed Act (Utah Code Annotated: Title 4, Chapter 12)
- Utah Commercial Feed Act Governing Feed (Feed Rule) (R68-2)
- Compliance Procedures (R68-19)
- AAFCO Website
- AAFCO Industry
- AAFCO Consumers