Dave Basinger, Program Manager (435) 636-3234
The Organic Program is now live on the Agriculture Information Management System (AIMS)!
If you currently have a UtahID account, you will be able to login using those credentials. If you do not have a UtahID, you will be directed to create one. For more information about UtahID, please visit https://idhelp.utah.gov.
Guides to AIMS
What We Do:
Organic Production is a system that is managed by both state and federal standards for the response to site-specific conditions in the growing or processing of foods, which conditions are managed by integrated cultural, biological and mechanical practices. It is the intent of organically grown or produced products to foster the cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve bio-diversity.
This program is intended to serve producers, processors, and consumers of agricultural products. The goal is to manage a process that will maintain the integrity of food products produced without the use of restricted chemical inputs.
Specific information for the organic food program should be directed to:
- Utah Department of Agriculture and Food Organic Food Program Coordinator
Carbon County Administrative Bldg
751 E 100 N Ste 2100
Price, UT 84501
- Utah certifies to the USDA NOP Standard:
- National Organic Program Regulations 7 CFR Part 205
Utah Code and Administrative Rules Relating to Organic Production:
- Utah Organic Standards (R68-20)
- Organic Certification Fee Schedule
- Independent Organic Inspectors Association
- National Organic Program
- National Organic Program Handbook
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- Organic Materials Review Institute
- Organic Consumers Association
- Organic Trade Association
- Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
- Sustainable Agriculture and Education
- The Soil and Health Library
- Factsheet: Guide for Organic Livestock Producers
- Factsheet: Guide for Organic Crop Producers
- Factsheet: Guide for Organic Processors
- Factsheet: Guide for Organic Certification