Livestock Brand Recording | Brand Inspections and Ownership | Utah Code Relating to Brand Inspection
It is the mission of the Livestock Inspection Bureau to provide quality, cost-efficient, timely, and courteous service to the livestock men and women of the state, in an effort to protect the livestock industry.
Duties of Utah Brand Inspectors:
Utah’s brand inspectors have four main tasks:
- Verify proper ownership of livestock before they are sold, shipped out of state, or sent to slaughter.
- Verify proper ownership of horses and other equidae before they are sold, shipped out of state, or sent to slaughter.
- Respond to reports of lost, found, or stolen livestock.
- Inspect domestic elk when entering or leaving licensed elk facilities duties with the brand registration office.
Mission of the Utah Brand Office:
- The mission of the Brand Recording Office is to record and transfer livestock brands using an efficient and accurate process.