Livestock Brand Recording | Brand Inspections and Ownership | Utah Code Relating to Brand Inspection
It is the mission of the Livestock Inspection Bureau to provide quality, cost-efficient, timely, and courteous service to the livestock men and women of the state, in an effort to protect the livestock industry.
Duties of Utah Brand Inspectors
Utah’s brand inspectors have four main tasks:
- Verify proper ownership of livestock before they are sold, shipped out of state, or sent to slaughter.
- Verify proper ownership of horses and other equidae before they are sold, shipped out of state, or sent to slaughter.
- Respond to reports of lost, found, or stolen livestock.
- Inspect domestic elk when entering or leaving licensed elk facilities duties with brand registration office.
Mission of the Utah Brand Office
- The mission of the Brand Recording Office is to record and transfer livestock brands using an efficient and accurate process.