Restaurants will adhere to all public health regulations administered by THE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT and by the UTAH DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND FOOD.
SEPARATION OF RAW AND READY TO EAT FOODS:
- All food production will be conducted in a manner that prevents to possibility of cross contamination between raw and ready to eat foods.
RETAIL SALE ONLY:
- A restaurant may only resale commodities direct to the end consumer and shall not resale or wholesale commodities to other businesses other than their own.
METHOD OF SALE:
- Raw meat and poultry are required to be sold by weight.
- Prepackaged foods which are sold by weight require net weight in avoirdupois pound or ounce.
- Use of an NTEP certified scale is required.
- Vacuum packaging of Time and Temperature Controlled foods (TCS food) is restricted and requires a HACCP Plan for each type of item sold.
All repackaged food requires the following:
- Net Weight – Prepackaged foods which are sold by weight requires net weight in avoirdupois pound or ounce.
- Ingredient or allergen information shall be provided for multi-ingredient, prepackaged food items.
- Prepackaged, Time and Temperature Controlled for Safety (TCS) foods shall be labeled with the term “Keep Refrigerated”, provide “Safe Handling Instructions” and a “Use by Date” that does not exceed 7 days from the time of packaging.
- Labeling informing consumers to use or freeze the food within 7 days, may be utilized.