New CEU event coming up! See the CEU calendar page
Looking to hold a virtual CEU Event? Click here for info
Search EPA-approved disinfectants here.
The Utah pesticide program has been working with Utah pesticide businesses, government agencies and farmers for over a hundred years by overseeing the application of pesticides throughout our beautiful state. Our Pesticide website has information and links for first-time licensees, returning pesticide licensees, pesticide business licensees, and pesticide product registration. As well, as some useful information for the public. These links provide further detailed information to help aid in answering your pesticide-related questions. Enjoy your time exploring our site and thank you for visiting the State of Utah Pesticide website.
Do you use or apply pesticides? Do you need an applicators license or a pesticide business license? This section will help you with all things related to the use and application of pesticides in the State of Utah. Click here to continue.
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Commercial Pesticide Applicator License click here
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicator License click here
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Private Pesticide Applicator License click here
For direction on adding a category to any license click here
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Commercial Pesticide Business License click here
Do you sell, re-package, or manufacture pesticides? Are you a registrant or representing one? This section will help you with product registration in the state of Utah. Click here to continue.
Utah Pesticide Control Rule for RUP Dealer Record Requirement
"Each dealer outlet licensed to sell restricted-use pesticides is required by the Department to maintain a restricted-use pesticide sales register by entering all restricted-use pesticide sales into the register at the time of sale." Click here for the full rule.
RUP License holders are required to complete an online training course upon application and for every renewal period in order to maintain their license. Instructions for the training are included during the application process.
Obtaining a new RUP Dealer License
Here's what you need to do to obtain a RUP Dealer License with UDAF:
- Go to UDAF’s License/Permit Registration webpage (hover over Online Services at the top of the page, click on License/Permit Registration)
- Click on “Login with Utah ID” to sign in or create an account with the Department of Agriculture’s Data Management System (DMS).
- The DMS gives you the ability to apply for multiple licenses/permits on one account, securely pay online, receive notifications electronically, and print approved license/permits.
- After account creation and once you’ve completed filling out the requested Company information, click on “Request New License” to begin the application process.
- Pesticide Dealer Licenses have a fee of $100.
- Once all criteria for the application have been met and all necessary forms have been submitted, your license will be reviewed and, once approved, accessible through the website. If you require a paper copy, you can select “Request Paper Copies” at any point during the application process.
You should receive your license within 30 days. If not, please contact us at 801-982-2300 (option #2) or UDAFfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Renew a RUP Dealer License
To register for the free required online training, please visit https://campus.extension.org/enrol/index.php?id=1660
Select “Self Enrollment (Student)” to register for the online course.
Paraquat dichloride (paraquat) is a highly toxic herbicide registered by the EPA as a restricted use pesticide. Restricted use pesticides can only be mixed, loaded, and applied by licensed and certified pesticide applicators. Because of the exposure risks associated with paraquat-containing pesticides, either through the skin or through inhalation.
The following measures have been implemented to reduce the risk of harm when handling paraquat-containing pesticides by certified pesticide applicators:
- Updates to paraquat-containing pesticide labels to emphasize its toxicity and to give proper warnings and cautions
- More targeted training materials for paraquat users
- Modifications to packaging for all non-bulk product containers of paraquat (less than 120 gallon) that now require a closed-system and no longer allow jar testing
- - Restricting the use of all paraquat products to certified applicators only (i.e., prohibiting use by uncertified persons working under the supervision of a certified applicator).
Paraquat-specific training is now required for any certified applicator using a paraquat product. The training explains the updates to paraquat product labels, gives information on paraquat’s toxicity, and details the consequences of improper use. The training must be renewed every three years in order to continue to use paraquat-containing pesticides, and a certificate from the successful completion of the training must be maintained as part of an applicator’s records.
Please note that dealers and distributors can continue to sell their remaining paraquat products that do not meet the closed-system requirement until the stock is gone, and pesticide applicators may continue to use existing products without the new label updates.
For more information on the paraquat-specific training and the EPA's updates, please visit https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-worker-safety/paraquat-dichloride-training-certified-applicators
To register for the free required online training, please visit: https://campus.extension.org/enrol/index.php?id=1660
Select “Self Enrollment (Student)” to register for the online course.
Just looking for Pesticide information? Want help choosing the right pesticide company for you? Need to see what pests you have? This is the section for you! Click here to continue.
If you are a cannabis grower, this section will provide the guidance you need to use pesticides in accordance with the rules of the State of Utah.. Please click here to continue!
UDAF Pesticide Program has been working with UDOT over the last couple of years to establish pesticide collection/disposal location sites. We have this year's round of events coming up (see below). UDAF is hoping to establish collection/disposal sites each year, in various locations. Everyone with a pesticide license will receive an email notification from UDAF once the sites are in place. If you do not have a license and would like to receive that information, please enter your email below. For more information please visit UDAF’s Pesticide Collection Registration webpage.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
October 7, 2021 - Roosevelt - UDOT Shed 400 West US Hwy 40, Roosevelt 84066
October 21, 2021 - Green River - UDOT Shed 225 Main St, Green River, 84525
Click here to vote for where you would like to see them next year!
No License? Enter email and we will send you the info!