***New CEU event coming up! See the CEU calendar page***
***Looking to hold a virtual CEU Event? Click here for info!***
***For RENEWAL information click here***
Search EPA approved disinfectants here.
The Utah pesticide program has been working with Utah pesticide businesses, government agencies and farmers for over a hundred years by overseeing the application of pesticides throughout our beautiful state. Our Pesticide website has information and links for first-time licensees, returning pesticide licensees, pesticide business licensees, and pesticide product registration. As well, as some useful information for the public. These links provide further detailed information to help aid in answering your pesticide-related questions. Enjoy your time exploring our site and thank you for visiting the State of Utah Pesticide website.
Do you use or apply pesticides? Do you need an applicators license or a pesticide business license? This section will help you with all things related to the use and application of pesticides in the State of Utah. Click here to continue.
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Commercial Pesticide Applicator License click here
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicator License click here
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Private Pesticide Applicator License click here
For direction on adding a category to any license click here
For directions on obtaining/renewing a Commercial Pesticide Business License click here
Do you sell, re-package, or manufacture pesticides? Are you a registrant or representing one? This section will help you with product registration in the state of Utah. Click here to continue.
Utah Pesticide Control Rule for RUP Dealer Record Requirement
"Each dealer outlet licensed to sell restricted-use pesticides is required by the Department to maintain a restricted-use pesticide sales register by entering all restricted-use pesticide sales into the register at the time of sale." Click here for the full rule.
RUP License holders are required to complete an online training course upon application and for every renewal period in order to maintain their license. Instructions for the training are included during the application process.
Obtaining a new RUP Dealer License
Here's what you need to do to obtain a RUP Dealer License with UDAF:
- Go to UDAF’s License/Permit Registration webpage (hover over Online Services at the top of the page, click on License/Permit Registration)
- Click on “Login with Utah ID” to sign in or create an account with the Department of Agriculture’s Data Management System (DMS).
- The DMS gives you the ability to apply for multiple licenses/permits on one account, securely pay online, receive notifications electronically, and print approved license/permits.
- After account creation and once you’ve completed filling out the requested Company information, click on “Request New License” to begin the application process.
- Pesticide Dealer Licenses have a fee of $100.
- Once all criteria for the application have been met and all necessary forms have been submitted, your license will be reviewed and, once approved, accessible through the website. If you require a paper copy, you can select “Request Paper Copies” at any point during the application process.
You should receive your license within 30 days. If not, please contact us at 801-982-2300 (option #2) or UDAFemail@example.com.
Renew a RUP Dealer License
Just looking for Pesticide information? Want help choosing the right pesticide company for you? Need to see what pests you have? This is the section for you! Click here to continue.
If you are a cannabis grower, this section will provide the guidance you need to use pesticides in accordance with the rules of the State of Utah.. Please click here to continue!
UDAF Pesticide Program has been working with UDOT over the last year to establish pesticide collection/disposal location sites. We have the first round of sites comping up (see below). UDAF is hoping to establish 3 collection/disposal sites per year, in various locations. Everyone with a pesticide license will receive an email notification from UDAF once the sites are in place. For more information please visit UDAF’s Pesticide Collection Registration webpage.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
Bothwell UDOT Maintenance Station - 8875 W 1000 N #8687 Tremonton, UT 84337. Collection event on 10/06/2020
Salt Lake City UDOT Maintenance Station - 1950 S. 500 W. Salt Lake City, UT 84115. Collection event on 10/08/2020.
Richfield UDOT Maintenance Station - 2385 S. Industrial Park Rd. Richfield, UT 84701. Collection event on 10/13/2020.
Click here to vote for where you would like to see them!