The Utah Industrial hemp program governed by Utah Code Chapter 4-41 hemp and Cannabinoid Act
Under 4-41 Individuals can:
- Cultivate industrial hemp if they are licensed by USDA as an industrial hemp cultivator, see this link
- Process industrial hemp if they are licensed by the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, see this link
- Sell Industrial hemp products in a retail establishment if they have a retail permit issued by the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, see this link
- Register cannabinoid products within the state of Utah, provided they are registered with the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, see this link
4-41 also gives rulemaking authority to the Utah department of agriculture and food to establish requirements for licensure, compliance and enforcement for industrial hemp processors, retailers, industrial hemp laboratory, and product registration standards.
The following rules are applicable to the processing and sale of industrial hemp and industrial hemp products in the state of Utah. All applicants are expected to have read all applicable industrial hemp rules prior to submitting an application.
- R68-22 Industrial Hemp Research Updated 10/24/2022
- R68-25 Industrial Hemp Program – Cannabinoid Product Processors Updated 11/22/2022
- R68-25 is currently under a temporary emergency rule please see this link for the emergency rule and the changes (Updated 11/22/2022)
- R68-26 Cannabinoid Product Registration and Labeling Updated 08/23/2022
- R68-32 Industrial Hemp Sale and Transfer of Industrial Hemp Waste Material to Medical Cannabis Cultivators Updated 10/24/2022
- R68-33 Industrial Hemp Retailer Permit Updated 08/10/2020
- R68-36 Industrial Hemp Testing Laboratory Updated 09/01/2021
- R68-37 Industrial Hemp Cannabinoid Product Testing Updated 10/11/2022
To return to the Industrial Hemp Program Main Page, click here.