- Individuals can cultivate industrial hemp if they are licensed by USDA.
- Individuals can process industrial hemp if they are licensed by the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) products may be sold around the state of Utah, provided they are registered with the Department.
All applicants are expected to have read all applicable industrial hemp rules prior to submitting an application.
- R68-22 Industrial Hemp Research
- R68-24 Industrial Hemp Research Pilot Program for Growers
- R68-25 Industrial Hemp Research Pilot Program for Processors
- R68-26 Industrial Hemp Product Registration and Labeling
- R68-32 Industrial Hemp Sale and Transfer of Industrial Hemp Waste Material to Medical Cannabis Cultivators
- R68-33 Industrial Hemp Retailer Permit
- R68-36 Industrial Hemp Testing Laboratory
- R68-37 Industrial Hemp Cannabinoid Product Testing
To apply for an Industrial Hemp Retail Permit:
-> Online Services
–> Select “License/Permit Renew”
—> Click “New License/Permit Application”
—-> Select License Type 8001 “Industrial Hemp – Grower”, 8002 “Industrial Hemp – Processor, or 8003 “Industrial Hemp – Retail”
To return to the Industrial Hemp Program Main Page, click here.