The Utah Industrial hemp program governed by Utah Code Chapter 4-41 hemp and Cannabinoid Act
Under 4-41 Individuals can:
- Cultivate industrial hemp if they are licensed by USDA
- Process industrial hemp if they have a cannabinoid processor license issued by UDAF
- Sell registered cannabinoid products in a retail establishment if they have a retail permit issued by UDAF
4-41 also gives rulemaking authority to UDAF to establish requirements and standards for licensure, compliance, and enforcement for cannabinoid processors, retailers, labs, and registered products.
The following rules are applicable to the processing and sale of industrial hemp and cannabinoid products in the state of Utah. All applicants are expected to have read all applicable laws and rules prior to submitting an application.
- R68-22 Industrial Hemp Research – Updated 10/24/2022
- R68-25 Industrial Hemp Program – Cannabinoid Product Processors – Updated 10/10/23
- R68-26 Cannabinoid Product Registration and Labeling – Updated 10/10/23
- R68-26 is currently under a temporary emergency rule, please see this link for the emergency rule and the changes (effective 06/30/2023)
- R68-33 Industrial Hemp Retailer Permit – Updated 07/11/2023
- R68-36 Industrial Hemp Testing Laboratory – Updated 09/01/2021
- R68-37 Industrial Hemp Cannabinoid Product Testing – Updated 04/21/2023
To return to the Industrial Hemp Program Main Page, click here.