Search Menu
Menu »
Home » New License During COVID-19 Pandemic

New License During COVID-19 Pandemic

Due to the recent closures of numerous testing centers across the state of Utah, we have decided to allow testing for Pesticide Applicators at the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food Building on a limited and specific basis.  To be able to take a Pesticide Applicators Test you must adhere to the following rules:

You must make an appointment to test by calling either one of the following numbers:

(801) 982-2301

801-982-2300 Opt 2

Anyone entering the UDAF building to test MUST wear a medical mask or facial covering during their time in the UDAF building.

Only NEW Pesticide Applicators may make an appointment.

You may only take the Core Pesticide Test plus ONE Pesticide Category Test.

You may only choose ONE of the following Essential Pesticide Categories:

  • Public Health Pest Control
  • Agricultural Pest Control – Plant
  • Agricultural Pest Control – Animal
  • Structural and Health-Related Pest Control
  • Vertebrate Animal Pest Control
  • Aquatic Pest Control – Surface Water
  • Aquatic Pest Control – Sewer Root Control
  • Fumigation/Stored Commodities Pest Control
  • Aerial Application Pest Control
  • Wood Destroying Organisms Pest Control*
  • Ornamental and Turf Pest Control*

*Preference will be given to the other Essential Pesticide Categories before Wood Destroying Organisms Pest Control and Ornamental and Turf Pest Control.

No other Pesticide Categories will be tested during this emergency period


You MUST bring your Utah State or Government issued ID with you, along with your Pesticide License Receipt from UDAF, and you must bring your own laptop computer with wireless internet capabilities.  We will not be providing computers for you.

You MUST be free of any sickness or signs of COVID-19.  If you show signs of sickness, you will not be allowed to test, and you will be told to leave the building.

While at the UDAF Building, you must obey the Social Distancing guidelines, along with any other State issued Orders.