- Category: Learn About Agriculture
- Published: Tuesday, 13 August 2013 15:47
- Written by Anne Johnson
- Hits: 12030
Agriculture Research from the University Sources
- The Agricultural Communications Document Center - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (see ACDC News, bottom right column)
- University of California - Increasing genetic diversity of honey bees needed
The views expressed in the following articles do not necessarily represent
those of the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, or the State of Utah.
These articles are offered in the spirit of Food for Thought.
Links for the News Media and Public
- WUSATA Provides Tailored Media Services for Ag. business stories.
- Ag story tips for general media reporters
- Background on topics such as: GMOs, Food Biotechnology, Pesticides, Organics, and more.
- Discussion on GMOs in our foods
- More GMO Information
- Pesticide residue in foods
General Links of Interest & Media Articles
- Backyard beekeeping tips
- National Ag. Day 2017 Focuses on Bee Health
- Organic Agriculture Can ‘Feed the World’ Despite Lower Yields, New Research Finds
- Two Views on Livestock Grazing Fees on Public Lands - Deseret News Editorial
- Ag commissioner applauds innovation in Cache Valley - HJ News
- UDAF Inspectors Assure Gasoline Pump Accuracy
- Food Safety and the Food Freedom Act - The County Seat TV Program
- Infrared cameras helping Utah beekeepers inspect hive populations during winter
- Commentary on Food Freedom Act (HB144)
- KUTV 2 coverage of Food Freedom Act
- Utah crafting plans to combat honeybee declines
- The Environmental Impact of Beef Production in the United States
- Utahns show remarkable support for agriculture in Envision Utah survey
- Avian Influenza background and Q & A's
- Ag. Day Omelet Cooking Contest - Standard Examiner
- Utah Loves Farmers and Local Foods - Ag. Day photo contest - The Deseret News
- Always Circle Your Herd - Farm Journal Magazine profile of Commissioner Adams
- KUER report on gold and precious metals scale accuracy - Deseret News article
- Commissioner LuAnn Adams' commentary on the importance of Utah agriculture
- Residents say local farming is key to Utah way of life
- Utah residents crave local agriculture
- Box Elder ranching family held up as examples of sage grouse stewardship
- 41 ways Utah's Own is feeding the economy
- Genetically Modified Foods Confuse Consumers (news article)
- National Public Radio - Plant Breeders Release First 'Open Source Seeds'
- Commissioner Adams Active on the Ranch
- European Union Moves To Approve U.S. Genetically Modified Corn
- The 2014 Farm Bill - where the money goes.
- FDA Found Drugs Used In Food Animals To Be 'High Risk'
- Not just a video game - I'm helping the world's farmers.
- Organic Farmers Bash FDA Restrictions On Manure Use
- Creating Plants That Make Their Own Fertilizer
- National Public Radio BLOG on agriculture and food
- Reports highlight saga of Sage Grouse and sagebrush
- Access AgWeb. The latest on everything agriculture
- Box Elder adopts state's first sage grouse plan
- Must see video on US jobs and agriculture
- See the Senate blog about livestock and fire reduction
- Agriculture's Impact on Utah Economy - Deseret News - Salt Lake Tribune (02/08/2013)
- TIME Magazine, Dr. Oz, What to Eat, and Supplements
- Agriculture Sustainability Task Force findings aired on "The County Seat" public affairs program on ABC-4 Utah.
- Child Labor Provisions Threaten Traditional Work on Farms
- Attention Whole Foods Shoppers - Stop obsessing about arugula. Your "sustainable" mantra -- organic, local, and slow -- is no recipe for saving the world's hungry millions.
- Animal rights groups seek veto of Utah's 'ag-gag' bill
- PETA Killed 95% Of Pets In Its Care In 2011, Watchdog Group Charges
- Della Ranches: Working the Range the Environmental Way. Deseret News article
- The enviro litigation industry at work at Duck Creek
- Rangeland and Ecology Management article on the impact of drought on Utah ranching
- Interview with Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
- Cows Eat Grass With A Side-Order of Weeds, Please
- Keep this deadly flu formula a secret, or the world could suffer
- Giving Babies Salty Food May Create A Preference
- Agriculture Task Force Makes 29 Recommendations for protecting Utah agriculture.
Read the summary and action items.
- New York Times On-Line Columnist, Mark Bittman on valuing locally-produced food
- Economic Impact of Utah Agriculture 2011
- Agriculture Plays a Key Role in Utah Economy
- Editorial on Preserving Farmland
- Most Utahns Want to Use Food Sales Tax to Preserve Farmland
- Who’ll Control Wolves in Utah?
- Agriculture Commissioner Takes Long-Term View
- Food Production a Bright Spot in Gloomy Economy
News Coverage of farmer opposition to proposed Davis/Weber highway