Utah Code 4-41 and Utah Administrative Rule 68-36 outlines the requirements and standards for licensure.
An industrial hemp testing laboratory permit shall allow a laboratory to receive industrial hemp or industrial hemp products from a licensed industrial hemp grower or processor in order to conduct compliance testing.
What is needed to apply
- Complete application for an Industrial hemp laboratory license See link for application and detailed information.
- The following is required as part of the application
- Proof of DEA registration
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for each and all tests being conducted
- Standard Operating Procedure for retesting hemp material
- Quality Assurance Protocols
- Provide documentation that the proposed laboratory has obtained and maintained the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 17025:2017 Accreditation.
- A completed criminal history report from the FBI (Background Check) see this link
- The criminal history report cannot be older than three months.
- Blueprint of laboratory
- Pay $2,500 fee: Call 801-982-2200 (Payment Receipt will be emailed to you)
To return to the Industrial Hemp Program Main Page, click here.