Search Menu
Menu »

Hemp Retail Permits

Utah Code 4-41 and Utah Administrative Rule 68-33 outlines the requirements and standards for permit. 

All retail establishments who market and sell industrial hemp products, must apply for and maintain a current permit with the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food (UDAF).

What is needed to apply

  • Fill out an application
    • To find the application visit this link.
    • Click New License/Permit Application at the top of the page
      • Scroll Down Select 8003
      • Fill out application
  • Pay fee of $50 per calendar year
  • A permit will be emailed to you

Please contact, with any questions

As a reminder, all industrial hemp products marketed, displayed and sold in the state of Utah must be registered with UDAF, see this link.

Please check with local health departments about the regulations on electronic cigarette products as they may differ from UDAF Industrial hemp product requirements. 

To update your Retail Permit please fill out this form, or

To return to the Industrial Hemp Program Main Page, click here.