We serve the people of Utah in the following ways:
- Protection of the public from disease of animal origin (zoonosis).
- Protection of the animal population from disease.
- Protection of the livestock industry from disease loss.
- Facilitating export and marketability of Utah products.
ANIMAL HEALTH – WHAT WE DO
- Implement and enforce import health requirements for animals
- Issue licenses and certify disease status of flocks and herds
- Administer disease control programs
- Coordinate animal disease reporting efforts
- Perform epidemiological investigations
- Implement and coordinate emergency response to disease outbreaks
- Provide animal disease testing
- Perform export inspections and certification of export products
- Oversight of veterinary inspections at livestock auction markets
- Offer training and outreach to veterinarians and technicians
- Provide consultation on wildlife diseases