We administer the Utah Commercial Feed Act; which involves inspection, registration, and sampling of commercial feed products.
- Register feed products online and view list of registered feed products
- Registration Form for Commercial Feed Products to be sold in Utah (Annual fee $60 per registered product)
- Registration Form for Custom Formula Animal Feed License (Annual fee $75)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Feed Product Registration
- Getting started making and selling pet treats in Utah
Feed and Fertilizer Testing Labs
The Feed Lab tests commercial feed samples for moisture, protein, fat, fiber, minerals, toxins, antibiotics, and vitamins. Seed moisture determinations are also performed for the seed laboratory. The Fertilizer Lab tests solid and liquid fertilizer samples for nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and trace elements. All feed and fertilizer results are compared to label guarantees to ensure compliance with state labeling laws.
- Commercial Feed Registration.......$60.00 per product
- Custom Formula License........$75.00
Utah Code and Administrative Rules Relating to Commercial Feed Products
- Utah Commercial Feed Act (Utah Code Annotated: Title 4, Chapter 12)
- Utah Commercial Feed Act Governing Feed (R68-2)
- Compliance Procedures (R68-19)