- Category: Animals
- Published: Monday, 15 July 2013 17:56
- Hits: 87160
Animal agriculture in Utah represents the single largest sector of farm income in Utah. At a value of more than $1 billion, and with 25 of the state’s 29 counties reporting livestock as the dominant agricultural sector, the UDAF spends considerable energy maintaining a healthy and prosperous industry, and reporting our actions to Utah citizens.
The various programs listed here offer services that: protect Utah livestock from, and reduce the effects of foreign and domestic diseases; increase the market value of Utah livestock; promote and ensure animal health and productivity; protect human health; and prepare for and respond to emergency situations involving animals.
Attention Utah Swine Producers
African Swine Fever Alert in China
Click here for details
Veterinary Loan Repayment Program
Emergency Response for Animals
Electronic Health Certificate Information for Veterinarians & their staff
West Nile Disease in Animals
Animal Industry Division Newsletter
Read the current and past issues of the Animal Industry Newsletter, started September 2016.
Veterinary Feed Directive
Horse Roping/Tripping Information
Horse/Mule Inspection Inspections
Steps to prevent the spread of Avian influenza
Statement regarding Highly Pathogenic Avian influenza discovered in Utah, California, Oregon, and Washington and resource material for poultry owners to prevent its spread.
USDA website for keeping birds healthy.
Avian Influenza Safeguards brochure for Utah bird owners.
- Animal Health Program
- Animal Feed Product Registration
- Animal Health Education & Outreach
- Disaster Services for Animals
- Avian Flu Display
- Aquaculture (Fish Health)
Brand Inspection & Registration
- Bonding for Livestock Dealers
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs)
- Elk Farms & Elk Hunting Parks
- Utah Grazing Improvement Program (UGIP)
- Utah Horse Racing Commission
- Utah Livestock Auctions
- US Livestock Genetic Exports (USLGE)
Meat & Dairy Processing
- Analytical Laboratories
- Dairy Inspection
- Farm Custom Slaughter Licensing
- Meat & Poultry Inspection
- Meat Compliance
Poultry & Eggs
Utah Community Spay & Neuter Program
Raccoons and Coyotes
- Permit requirements and application form for holding raccoons and coyotes in captivity for educational purposes