- Category: Hay Grain & Seed
- Published: Tuesday, 16 July 2013 22:11
- Hits: 8217
In administering the Utah Noxious Weed Control Act, the State Weed Specialist coordinates and monitors weed control programs throughout the state.
The Weed Specialist coordinates weed control activities among the county weed organizations and the agricultural field representatives. Surveys of serious weed infestations are conducted and control programs are developed through the county supervisors, county weed boards, and various landowning agencies. The weed specialist and the inspectors work continually with extension and research personnel in encouraging the use of the most effective methods to control the more serious weeds.
- 2015 Invasive Species Mitigation Grant Application
- ISM Weed Focus Area Maps
- Annual County Weed Report Form
- Proposed State Noxious Weeds List
- State of Utah Noxious Weed List
- Additional Noxious Weeds Declared by Utah Counties
- Utah Weed Control Association (UWCA)
- Hay and Straw Weed Phytosanitary Inspection Policy and Procedures
- Utah Agriculture Conservation Tracking System (ACTS) - Locations and descriptions of conservation grant projects administered by the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food.
- Noxious Weed Control Outreach Resources
- Invasive Species Mitigation Grant Contracting Information
Utah Code and Administrative Rules Relating to Noxious Weeds
- Utah Noxious Weed Act (Utah Code Annotated: Title 4, Chapter 17)
- Utah Noxious Weed Act (R68-9)
- Compliance Procedures (R68-19)
- Invasive species information for Utah
- Weed Information at USU Extension
- INVADERS Database System - Exotic plant names and weed distribution records for five Northwestern states