- Category: Pesticides
- Published: Monday, 23 October 2017 23:22
- Written by Drew Matthews
- Hits: 9365
ALL UTAH COMMERCIAL PESTICIDE APPLICATOR LICENSES MUST BE ASSOCIATED WITH A LICENSED COMMERCIAL UTAH PESTICIDE BUSINESS - SEE: UTAH COMMERCIAL PESTICIDE BUSINESS LICENSING.
R68-7-5.(1) Commercial Applicator - any person who uses ANY pesticide for hire or compensation.
Utah Pesticide Control Rule - Utah Pesticide Laws & Rules
HOW TO RECEIVE A UTAH COMMERCIAL APPLICATOR LICENSE FOR THE FIRST TIME
- A.) Enroll in the Utah Commercial Pesticide Applicator License course with Utah State University Extension (USU EXT). This course is required and there is a fee. You will need your own personal email to register for this course - USU Extension will not accept a company email for more than one person.
- B.) When you have completed the course, there is a test, you will be guided to a list of pesticide testing centers to select a site to take the test
- C.) When you have completed the course and test, USU Extension will inform you and notify UDAF. You will return to this website to pay for your license.
- D.) To pay for your pesticide license:
- 1.) Click on this link: ONLINE PAYMENTS (right click, select "open in new tab" recommended)
- 2.) In the "Pay For" drop down box, select “Exam for Commercial Applicator" regardless of whether you are testing, or renewing/re-certifying.
- 3.) Complete the Applicator Information (do not use business or farm name - use last name). Click on the "Continue" button
- 4.) Complete the credit card or e-check information.
- E.) After following these steps your license should arrive at your company's address by mail within 30 days. A temporary certificate may arrive via email.
HOW TO RENEW OR RE-CERTIFY YOUR EXISTING (NOT EXPIRED) LICENSE
- A.) Re-certify by attending approved Continuing Education Unit (CEU) courses and presenting completion certificates to a UDAF Representative. Keep all copies of your CEU certificates until you receive your license. You may receive an email with a temporary license.
- 1.) Pay for your license online by completing steps D.) 1 - 4 above.
- 2.) Complete an application for Utah Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- 3.) Present the application and certificates from the CEUs you have earned to a UDAF representative by:
- b.) Make an appointment with a UDAF representative on this list to review your CEU and application OR
- B.) Complete the education and testing process as in A.) - C.) above.
RECIPROCAL LICENSING WITH A LICENSE OBTAINED IN ANOTHER STATE
- B.) Complete and scan in the application for Utah Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- C.) Copy and scan the front and back of the applicant’s drivers license
- D.) Copy and scan the front and back of the applicant’s Commercial Applicator License from the state UDAF is reciprocating with
- E.) Copy and scan the front and back of the applicator's FAA Pilot's License (if applicable for aerial category)