- Category: Pesticides
- Published: Friday, 12 July 2013 15:53
- Hits: 20366
Serving Utah's agricultural industries, ensuring that Utah agricultural producers have the necessary tools (record keeping, fertilizer, pesticides, inspection of fruits and vegetables) enabling them to continue to supply the citizens of Utah with safe and abundant food supplies.
Pesticide Product Registration
- Register pesticide products online and view list of registered pesticide products
- Pesticide Product Registration Form (Annual fee $195 per registered product)
- Online Registration Payments
- 24(c), 2ee, and Section 18 Pesticides
- Frequently Asked Questions about Pesticide Product Registration
|Annual Registration per Product||$195|
*Online Credit Card payments now accepted up to $40,000
How to Register a Pesticide Product
- The annual registration fee is $195.00 per pesticide product.
- The fee must be made payable to the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food and must accompany the application.
- All registrations expire June 30 of each year; renewals not received in our office by that date will be assessed a late fee of $25.00 per product.
- A current label for each NEW product must be submitted with the application form, either by mail or by email. Any changes in labeling for each product must also be submitted.
- If your product is currently registered and the label has not changed from the previous year, please indicate NO LABEL CHANGES on your application.
- Any product that you would like to DISCONTINUE must be paid for the next two years or submit a letter stating that the product is no longer in the channels of trade.
- Any registration not received by August 31 will receive a citation of $100.00 per company in addition to the registration fee and the late fee. If all fees are not paid within 15 days after receiving the first citation, a second citation will be issued and the citation will double to $200.00 per company. If all fees are not paid within 15 days after the second citation is received, the citation fee will double to $400.00 per company. If the third citation fee is not paid the Department may request a hearing with the company.
- Please submit the following information with the application: contact person, mailing address, phone number, fax number, email address for the contact person, and web site address for the company. If there is a change from the previous year, please send the correct information.
- All 25(b) products are required to pay the annual registration fee.
Utah Code and Administrative Rules Relating to Pesticides
- Utah Pesticide Control Act (Utah Code Annotated: Title 4, Chapter 14)
- Utah Pesticide Control Rule (R68-7)
- Compliance Procedures (R68-19)
- USDA Federal Pesticide Recordkeeping Program
- National Pesticide Information Retrieval System (NPIRS)