- Category: Pesticides
- Published on Monday, 22 July 2013 21:07
- Hits: 14761
FIRST TIME PESTICIDE LICENSEE
Applicants can access study materials online or pick them up at the UDAF Main Office, 350 N Redwood Road in Salt Lake City or at any UDAF District Field Office. A minimum of two books are suggested: National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual, and a category manual for each of those categories in which you wish to be certified.
When you are ready to take the tests, make an appointment at the testing centers where you intend to take the tests. Test days may differ in the various field offices. The compliance specialist or examiner from whom you received the study material will inform you what day tests are given.
Scratch paper, calculator and pencils will be furnished. You should allow yourself a few (2-4) hours to take the tests, depending on how many different categories you are testing for. If you score less than 65%, you must wait 3 days to retest. Testers are allowed 3 attempts. After passing the required tests, a permanent license will be mailed within 15 days to your home or business from the Salt Lake office.
PESTICIDE APPLICATOR FEES (Link to pay for tests)
|Commercial- State Code: 4001||$65 (3) year license|
|Non-Commercial- State Code: 4002||$20 (3) year license|
|Private Applicator-State Code: 4003||$20 (3) year license|
All applicator licenses are valid for a period of 3 years and must be renewed by December 31st of the expiring year. $25 late fees will be applied after December 31st.
DETAILED LICENSING INFORMATION
How to Certify and Become a Licensed Utah Pesticide Applicator
All pesticide applicators have three (3) options available for recertification.
1. Complete the original certification process by taking the general and category test(s) for the appropriate pesticide license.
2. Attend the annual UDAF-USU recertification seminar on the final year of certification. At the end of the course, if you do not have enough credits for the Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Program, you may test in your category (or categories) and recertify. The General/Core exam will be waived. A letter will be sent listing dates and locations where annual USU-UDAF recertification seminars are to be held. Only 1 of the annual USU-UDAF seminar per year can be counted towards your CEU requirements.
3. Participate in the Continuing Education Units (CEU) Program
Applicators may recertify with the required number of CEU obtained during the three (3) year period of valid certification. CEU obtained before November 1st and turned in after December 31st will be accepted with a late fee of $25 until March 1st. If you do not recertify by March 1st, your license will expire and the certification process must be started over by testing. You may use CEU from one annual UDAF-USU recertification workshop a year towards the CEU Program. All applicators recertifying by CEU are to bring a completed application and their records of units earned to a UDAF recertification workshop or to the Compliance Specialist’s office for verification of the CEU and processing.
|COMMERICAL & NON COMMERCIAL||PRIVATE|
|24 CEU REQUIRED||6 CEU REQUIRED|
|PESTICIDE LAW (minimum 2 hours)||PESTICIDE LAW (minimum 1 hours)|
|PESTICIDE SAFETY (minimum 6 hours)||PESTICIDE SAFETY (minimum 1 hours)|
|PESTICIDE USE (minimum 10 hours)||PESTICIDE USE (minimum 1 hours)|
|Remaining 6 hours may be in any category||Remaining 3 hours may be in any category|
RENEWAL FORMS-(Click links below)
Commercial- State Code: 4001
Non-Commercial- State Code: 4002
Private Applicator-State Code: 4003
DETAILED RETERTIFYING INFORMATION
How a Licensed Utah Pesticide Applicator Can Recertify
All Business licenses are valid for a period of 3 years and must be renewed by December 31st of the expiring year. $25 late fees will be applied after December 31st.
Pesticide Exam Study Material and Information
Reciprocal Pesticide Applicator License- Tranfer from Another State/Agency
- How an Out-of-State Pesticide Applicator can become licensed in Utah
- Reciprocal Commercial License Application Form - Complete, Scan, and Return