Utah Department of Agriculture and Food

Products That Must Have a Law Label in Utah

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Program Manager
(801) 538-7151 Phone
(801) 359-0213 Fax

All bedding and furniture with hidden or enclosed filling, such as:

  • Mattresses, foundations, and futons
  • Baby furniture with enclosed filling - carriages, strollers, car seats, carriers
  • Comforters and quilts
  • Crib bumper pads
  • Cushions
  • Dining room chairs with padded seats, and chairs with enclosed filling in any area
  • Exercise equipment cushions, pads, mats, benches, and seats
  • Filling material in bulk
  • Mattress pads, mats, and cushions
  • Pillows (bed, decorative, etc.)
  • Sleeping bags and cuddle bags
  • Sleeping pads
  • Sofas and loveseats
  • Upholstered dual-purpose furniture
  • Upholstered headboards
  • Upholstered chair
  • Waterbed mattresses with concealed filling materials, padded bed frame


Quilted and filled clothing does not require a law label. However, manufacturers of quilted and filled clothing must license their products prior to offering their clothing for sale in Utah. Examples of regulated products include gloves, hats, coats, slippers, ski bibs, and "after-ski booties".