- Category: Conservation & Environmental
- Published: Thursday, 22 August 2013 20:51
- Written by Anne Johnson
- Hits: 18175
The Utah Department of Agriculture and Food is working to raise public awareness about the values of protecting critical lands such as farmland, wetlands, and other open spaces.
We pose this basic question: Do you know where the food you see in the grocery store comes from, and should consumers help protect the resources that generate that food?
Know More About Saving Farmland
- UDAF holds agricultural conservation easements through our Agriculture Loans program
- Farmland Protection Funds Available From UDAF and NRCS.
- UDAF Farm Facts Brochure
- LeRay McAllister Critical Land Conservation Committee - A comprehensive web site containing articles, statistics, and reports outlining efforts designed to protect Utah's open and resource lands.
- Agriculture Protection Areas
- Utah Quality Growth Commission
- American Farmland Trust - A national perspective on efforts to protect and preserve productive farmland.
- Envision Utah
- Agricultural Protection Areas (Utah Code: Title 17, Chapter 41)
- Conservation Easements
- NRCS Grassland Reserve Program
- NRCS Wetland Reserve Program