- Category: Brands
- Published: Wednesday, 31 July 2013 20:16
- Written by Anne Johnson
- Hits: 41964
(801) 538-7169 fax
Horse ownership inspection is required:
- Before moving the horse out of state, whether or not a change of ownership is involved (see exception below)
- Before selling the horse at auction
- When the horse is sold at private treaty
Horse ownership inspection is not required:
- If the horse forages on an open range that transgresses the Utah state line and that of an adjoining state
Please call your local Brand Inspector at least 24 hours in advance to schedule an inspection. Brand inspections are conducted only during daylight hours.
Transportation Rule - Owner/Transporter must have an official Brand Inspection Certificate or other acceptable proof of ownership in his/her possession.
A Yearly Travel Permit or Lifetime Travel Permit may be issued instead of a Brand Inspection Certificate.
|Type of Inspection||Fee Per Horse|
Valid for 72 hours from inspection, for one trip out of state. Not valid for return.
Valid for multiple trips out of state, for calendar year only.
Valid until horse changes ownership.
|Duplicate Lifetime Permit||$10.00|
|Lifetime Permit Transfer||$10.00|
|Minimum Charge per Permit||$10.00|