- Category: Animals
- Published on Monday, 15 July 2013 17:56
- Hits: 23482
Animal agriculture in Utah represents the single largest sector of farm income in Utah. At a value of more than $1 billion, and with 25 of the state’s 29 counties reporting livestock as the dominant agricultural sector, the UDAF spends considerable energy maintaining a healthy and prosperous industry, and reporting our actions to Utah citizens.
The various programs listed here offer services that: protect Utah livestock from, and reduce the effects of foreign and domestic diseases; increase the market value of Utah livestock; promote and ensure animal health and productivity; protect human health; and prepare for and respond to emergency situations involving animals.
Steps to prevent the spread of Avian
influenza and other bird diseases
Statement regarding Highly Pathogenic Avian influenza discovered in Utah, California, Oregon, and Washington and resource material for poultry owners to prevent its spread.
USDA website for keeping birds healthy.
Avian Influenza Safeguards for Utah bird owners.
- Animal Health Program
- Animal Feed Product Registration
- Animal Health Education & Outreach
- Disaster Services for Animals
Animal Import Requirements
- Aquaculture (Fish Health)
Brand Inspection & Registration
- Bonding for Livestock Dealers
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs)
- Elk Farms & Elk Hunting Parks
- Utah Grazing Improvement Program (UGIP)
- Utah Horse Racing Commission
- Utah Livestock Auctions
- US Livestock Genetic Exports (USLGE)
Meat & Dairy Processing
- Analytical Laboratories
- Dairy Inspection
- Farm Custom Slaughter Licensing
- Meat & Poultry Inspection
- Meat Compliance
Poultry & Eggs
Utah Community Spay & Neuter Program
Utah Emergency Animal Response Coalition