- Category: About UDAF
- Published: Thursday, 22 August 2013 20:58
- Written by Anne Johnson
- Hits: 8955
(801) 538-4910 - Acting State Veterinarian - Dr. Warren Hess
(801) 538-7166 - Division Director - Cody James
What We Do
The Animal Industry Division of the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food has six main programs:
1) Animal Health – Focuses on prevention and control of animal diseases, with special attention to diseases that can be transmitted to humans.
2) Meat and Poultry Inspection — Assure wholesome products for consumers.
3) Livestock Inspection (brand registration and inspection) — Offer protection to the livestock industry through law enforcement.
4) Fish Health — Protecting fish health in the state and addressing concerns of fish food production and processing.
5) Elk Farming and Elk Hunting Parks – Regulating this domestic livestock industry with an emphasis on protecting Utah's wild elk population.
6) Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratories - Disease diagnosis and surveillance.